The digital outpatient service in partnership with the NHS collaboration Health Call builds on the success of video conferencing with an all-encompassing approach to help hospitals meet outpatient demand. The service helps hospitals catch up on the growing backlog of cancelled or delayed appointments as a result of COVID-19.
The solution enables clinical teams to
• Send patients appointment reminders
• Send pre-assessment questionnaires
• Send digital letters
• Send post-assessment questionnaires
• Activate safe clinic check ins to limit the spread of Coronavirus
• Enable video consultations if a patient prefers
Patients can select their own preferences on how they would like to be contacted. Out Outcome forms completed by the health care professional are uploaded into the hospital PAS or GP system and no manual entry is required. Outcome forms can be customised for each organisation as required.
What are the benefits of the digital outpatient service?
• It helps hospitals build capacity at a time when services are stretched
• It reduces visits, lowering the risk of spreading the virus
• Clinicians can conduct consultations from almost anywhere
• Patients with long-term conditions can continue to be monitored safely in the comfort and safety of their own home, with clinicians on hand to intervene when necessary
• Clinic rooms and waiting room space could be freed up for other opportunities
• It accelerates NHS England’s ‘NHS Long Term Plan’ to redesign services to reduce face to face contact by a third