Our environmental policy, our commitment
Since 2020, Peter Wilkinson, founder and chairman of Inhealthcare, has overseen the planting of more than 5000 trees on the Stoneley Woods Estate in North Yorkshire (see image left).
We are doing our bit to minimise the footprint of our business operations. As part of our environmental policy, we pledge to:
• Manage office waste appropriately through re-use and recycling. We have also expanded this for electronics.
• Prohibit the use of single-use plastic including plastic cups and cutlery.
• Continue to drive our ‘think before you print’ policy, reducing unnecessary waste. This includes marketing materials for events where we’ve replaced brochures for electronic downloads.
• Continue to embrace the hybrid-working environment, reducing travel for staff and creating an environment that’s more sustainable and more inclusive for all.
• Ensure travel by our customer facing team is kept to a minimum, with virtual meetings used where appropriate, further reducing our travel footprint.
• Use energy efficient cloud infrastructure through our partner Amazon Web Services (AWS). The results of a study by 451 Research show that AWS’s infrastructure is 3.6 times more energy efficient than the median of U.S. enterprise data centres surveyed.
• Reduce energy consumption where we can by getting staff to switch off lights in areas not in use and at the end of the working day and using renewable energy sources where possible.
• Decarbonise our company owned fleet by making electric and hybrid vehicles the new default for renewals and new leases.
• Communicate our commitment to all internal stakeholders and make our policy available for public review on request.
This environmental policy will be reviewed regularly to ensure the environmental impact on our business processes is kept at a minimum.