- If a referral to a specialist dermatologist is completed by a GP they have to take an image using a separate camera or smartphone, transfer this to their computer and complete an electronic referral using eRS.
- Sometimes healthcare professionals are using services such as WhatsApp to reduce the time required to send images to specialist dermatologists
- The CCG wanted to ensure that images were not being captured by personal clouds and that they remained in secure encrypted locations
- The CCG wanted to speed up the process of the referral from the GP to the specialist
- A digital referral form was created and accessible to GPs on the Inhealthcare app
- This form allows GPs to capture patient demographics, referral information and images
- The completed form is sent to the Inhealthcare platform and removed from the smartphone app
- The GP receives a copy of the referral details and they are attached to the patients GP record
- If the patient consents, their diagnosis could be sent back to them automatically via SMS or email Afrom the specialist dermatologist.
- 8 minutes to process each case
- 38% immediately discharged with advice and no clinic appointment
- 15% were remotely assessed by a specialist without the need for a face-to-face visit